- 2 ripe plantains, sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1 stick of butter (approximately 1/2 cup), unsalted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of rum
- 1 teaspoon of the Ultimate Cake Spice by My Fabulous Food
- vanilla or coconut ice cream
- edible flowers for garnish, optional
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Add in brown sugar and the Ultimate Cake Spice. Mix well and simmer.
- Add plantains into the mixture and continue to simmer for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove dish from heat and add rum. Note: The flambé is optional and only recommended if you have experience to perform this safely. It will not significantly change the flavor of the dish.
- Serve immediately with ice cream and garnish with edible flowers.