Hamburger Helper...But Better
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Smoky Chipotle Seasoning by My Fabulous Food
- Herbed Pepper Blend by My Fabulous Food
- Sweet Spanish Paprika by My Fabulous Food
- sea salt by My Fabulous Food
- 1 (4 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz) box of Banza elbow pasta or elbow noodles of your choice
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- basil, optional for garnish
- chives, optional for garnish
1) In a skillet, melt the tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add ground turkey and brown.
2) Add the chopped onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes until the onions, garlic, and tomatoes are softened. Season with Smoky Chipotle, Herbed Pepper, Sweet Spanish Paprika, and sea salt to taste. Add the tomato sauce and continue to stir.
3) Add the chicken stock and heavy cream to the pan.
4) Add pasta to the skillet and bring to medium-high for 1 minute. Lower the heat to medium and add shredded cheese. Stir the ingredients periodically and continue to cook the pasta for another 8 minutes until done (or according to the package).
5) Top finished pasta with parmesan cheese, chives, and basil for garnish. Enjoy!