Beer Battered Cod Sandwich with Spicy Mayo
- peanut oil
- 1 pound of fresh cod, cut into 4 pieces
- Sweet and Spicy Sriracha by My Fabulous Food, to taste
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of light beer
- 1 large egg
- Fleur De Sel by My Fabulous Food
- 4 brioche buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- Sweet and Spicy Sriracha by My Fabulous Food
- Habanero Powder by My Fabulous Food
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chili oil
- 1/2 lime
- Red Onions
1) In a frying pan, heat peanut oil over medium.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, beer, egg, and Sweet and Spicy Sriracha to make the batter.
3) Dredge the cod pieces into the batter and fry in the oil for 3-4 minutes on each side.
4) While the cod is frying, in a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the spicy mayo, and set aside.
5) Remove the fish from the oil, and sprinkle Fleur De Sel on top of them.
6) To build the sandwiches, place spicy mayo on the bottom and top brioche bun. Place your cod on the sandwiches, and top with avocado, bacon, onions, tomatoes, or any additional toppings of your choice. Enjoy!