Strawberry Mojito with Flake Sea Salt
Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- 8 ounces of sliced and cleaned strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- My Fabulous Food's Flake Sea Salt
- 1 16 ounce glass (or two 8 ounce glasses for 2 servings)
- 4 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 lime wedges, 1 reserved for garnish
- 5 whole mint leaves, 1 reserved for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces of Strawberry Simple Syrup (recipe above)
- 2 ounces of white rum
- club soda
1) To make the Strawberry Simple Syrup, combine the strawberries, water, and sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil.
2) Once the simple syrup is boiling, reduce it to a simmer. Cook on low for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Strain the strawberries from the mixture, and allow the simple syrup to cool.
4) Prepare your glass by rimming it with lime juice and My Fabulous Food's flake sea salt.
5) Place the strawberries, lime wedges, and mint into the glass.
6) Pour in the strawberry simple syrup and muddle the ingredients for 20 seconds.
7) Add the white rum to the glass, along with ice. Top the mixture with club soda and stir.
8) Garnish your mojito with a lime wedge and mint leaf.
Featured Ingredient: My Fabulous Food's Flake Sea Salt